Update 10th November 2023 - Thanet Community Kindness
Mocketts Wood Surgery are proudly supporting Community Kindess Thanet.
From tomorrow we will be accepting donations of NEW gifts for Thanets most vulnerable families.
Please place donations in the box in the foyer of the surgery and help us make Christmas special for these vulnerable families.
Flu and COVID Vaccinations 2023/24- 12th September 2023
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain long-term health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
Flu vaccine for people with long-term health conditions:
The flu vaccine is offered free on the NHS to people with certain long-term health conditions, including:
- Respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing a steroid inhaler or tablets), COPD, including emphysema and bronchitis
- Heart conditions, such as Coronary Heart Disease or Heart Failure
- Being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Liver disease, such as cirhosis or hepatitis
- some neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Scletosis or Cerebral Palsy
- A learning disability
- Problems with your spleen like sickle cell disease, or if you've had your spleen removed
- A weakened immune system as a result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- You have, or live with someone who has weakened immune system due to a medical condition (such as HIV), medicaiton or treatment (e.g. cancer chemotherapy)
The Surgery will be contacting you by SMS to book your appointment. If you do not have SMS set up then please call the Surgery on 01843 267111 select option 3 for the Flu Line.
SATURDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2023
Walk in Clinic 08:00 - 17:00
Bookable appointments - 09:30 - 17:00
SUNDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER 2023 - THIS CLINIC HAS BEEN CANCELLED
DAILY BOOKABLE CLINICS ARE AVAILABLE FROM MONDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER 2023
COVID - 19 VACCINATIONS - PLEASE INFORM THE RECEPTIONIST IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ALSO HAVE YOUR COVID VACCINATION WHEN YOU ARRIVE - THERE IS NO NEED TO ALL THE SURGERY BEFORE
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BOOK COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ON SATURDAY 23RD SEPT ONLY
WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF COVID VACCINES AVAILABLE
Please note: The covid vaccination will be optional on the dates above only. Patients should inform the receptionist when they arrive if they would like their covid vaccination at the same time. There is no need for patients to call the Surgery to book covid vaccination.
CHILDREN 2-3 YEARS NASAL FLU
All children aged 2 and 3 years old (on 31 August before flu vaccinations start in the autumn) are eligible for a free flu vaccination in the form of a nasal spray. The Surgery will be inviting eligible patients by SMS Invite.
CLINICS ARE NOW OPEN.
If you think your child is eligible and would like to check then, please call the Surgery.
Am I eligible for an autumn COVID booster?
The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:
- Residents in care homes for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group
- frontline health and social care workers.
- People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, and staff working in care homes for older adults
When is the booster available and how do I book an appointment?
- Vaccinations will begin on 11 September for those most at risk, including adult care home residents and people who are immunosuppressed.
- From 18 September, the NHS will start to invite people in priority order of risk and those eligible will be able to book an appointment on the National Booking Service.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE VACCINE AT:
MOCKETTS WOOD SURGERY WILL ONLY BE GIVING COVID-19 PFIZER VACCINE, SAT 23RD - OVER 18 PATIENTS ONLY
Please look at the above link, for other appointments and places taking part in the Autmun COVID Campaign.
- Eligible housebound patinets will be contacted by the Surgery in due course
- Flu vaccine - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- COVID-19 vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
5th September 2023 - Practice Closure
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION OF CLOSURE OF SURGERY ON MONDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2023
Mocketts Wood Surgery will be closed all day on Monday 11th September 2023 to enable our staff to attend the funeral and to pay their respects to our much-missed colleague, friend and member of our reception team, Claire H - who recently passed away. We will contact you directly to rearrange your appointment if you are impacted.
If you need medical advice on Monday 11th September, the following options are available to our patients:
- Call 111
- Access 111 via their website at 111.nhs.uk
- Attend a community pharmacy.
IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 999
Otherwise please call the practice on Tuesday 12th September when we re-open.
We thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
21st June 2023 - Diabetes UK
Find out your risk of type 2 diabetes
Finding out your risk of type 2 diabetes only takes a few minutes. It could be the most important thing you do today...
Scan the QR Code or click this link Diabetes UK – Know Your Risk of Type 2 diabetes
1st June 2023 - COVID -19 Update
After the 30th June, the COV ID-19 vaccine will only be offered to those at higher risk of serious infection.
People ages five or above (on 31st August 2022) can still get their first or second COVID-19 vaccines until 30th June
There are also morning clinics available:
26th May 2023
Over 1.3 million people have now been referred to the Healthier You NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme.
Check your risk of type 2 diabetes using the Diabetes UK risk tool.
eConsult - 25th May 2023
Please use the eConsult service for GP advice, self-help information, or administrative requests.
Please note: The eConsult service is only available from Monday to Friday between 8am to 5pm. Excluding Bank Holidays.
Please click on the link to get started: https://mockettswoodsurgery.webgp.com/
Bank Holidays Closures May 2023
Mocketts Wood Surgery will be closed on the following bank holidays:
Monday 1st May 2023
Monday 8th May 2023
Monday 29th May 2023
PLEASE CONTACT 111 IF YOU NEED URGENT MEDICAL ADVICE
IN THE CASE OF ANY EMERGENCY PLEASE CONTACT 999
Spring Booster Campaign - 17th April 2023
Today sees the start of the COVID-19 Spring Booster Campaign
- People aged 75 and over
- Those with a weakened Immune System
- Adult older care home residents are all eligible
Please look out for a text message or letter inviting you to book your appointment.
or call 119
Please note, the Surgery cannot book or make these appointments for you. Any queries with regards to the COVID vaccinations, please call 119.
Abuse - #notinadayswork
30th March 2023
Margate and Mocketts Wood PCN (Primary Care Network)
1st June 2021
Since the NHS was created in 1948, the population has grown and people are living longer. Many people are living with the following:
- long term conditions
- suffer from mental health issues
- may require further input from social prescribing
- may need to access their local health services more often
In order to meet these needs and to support our patients in the best way possible, GP practices are now working together with community, mental health, social care, pharmacy, hospital and voluntary services in their local areas in groups of practices known as primary care networks (PCNs) who support each other, although all Surgeries still remain independent.
Mocketts Wood Surgery is proud to be part of the Margate & Mocketts Wood PCN which consists of four GP surgeries, namely:
Bethesda Medical Centre
The Limes Surgery
Mocketts Wood Surgery